5.28.2012

thoughts tending northerly.



I've been thinking about New York a lot. Or rather, I've been thinking about travel and New York is the last place I went, so I've been reminiscing. I never posted about New York when I went last October, mostly because we were so busy eating fancy French brunches and picking through tiny, overpriced vintage shops and devouring chocolate brownie-mountains and enjoying the almost-Fall weather to stop and take any proper photos, and also because it was a bit rainy the few days I was there, and hair was not looking its finest. Girls. you know. I did take a few photos one day, as we walked through Prospect Park, but not as many as I'd have liked. I also only had my point-and-shoot camera because at the time I didn't feel like lugging my slr or any polaroids along with me, but in hindsight, I wish I would have. If anything, it's an excuse to go back (but how soon?). There are so many other places I want to see.


I've been experiencing a bit of wanderlust lately, making mental lists of faraway (and not so faraway) lands I hope to visit. Discovering new blogs and reading back to their Fall blog posts isn't helping- New England in Autumn is at the top of my list. I've also been wanting to visit Georgia apple orchards for years. Apple cider and cozy woolen sweaters and warm apple donuts and thick cable-knit tights. I need that. Georgia is close enough to drive, so if things work out the way I'm hoping, that should be an easy trip to plan. The crisp air and golden leaves of northern Autumns are always on my mind, but lately? I've been dreaming of mountains. I may have to do something about that.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...